FCCLA Diana Howard - Family & Consumer Sciences
Walnut Ridge Chapter
March 3 & 4 members attending the State FCCLA Leadership meeting include: Zoey Wilson, Katie Jones, Livvie Howard & Lily Luster. Maci Smelser, Hannah Ponder and Sydney Robinson had to miss our State Leadership meeting to cheer for our Lady Bobcats going to play at State!!!
What is FCCLA?
To promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge and vocational preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperation in the home and family.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To promote Family And Consumer Sciences, Family And Consumer Science careers, and related occupations.
Be sure to check out our National Website: www.fcclainc.org WR follows their rules & regulations.